lost tribe aotearoa
Lost Tribe Aotearoa is a Raglan based group of talented musos, hailing from all over the Pacific. Formed in late 2017, LTA have an underlying genre of roots reggae which morphs into blues, rock, ska and hip-hop. LTA pride themselves on their high-energy live set, and are sure to have the crowd singing every song.
With most of the members being of Tūwharetoa descent, one American and one from Aitutaki, their ancestral vibes shoot clearly through their music. LTA are fresh on the Aotearoa music scene with their lush reggae skanks, catchy choruses and phat dub basslines. This is a type of reggae that you will rarely find both locally or internationally.
In 2019 LTA were nominated for best roots artist next to Troy Kingi and LAB. In May 2020, mid lockdown for Covid, they released their debut self-titled album which received rave reviews.
Articles and Reviews
“Lost Tribe Aotearoa have an interestingly broad musical palette within the genre, and although they inevitably slip into reggae's musical and lyrical reference points they mostly stand apart from the wearily familiar reggae out there.” - Graham Reid
“Big heavy dub backline and tight brass section, classic ragga style perfectly suited to the sunny weather. Particularly excellent vocals from the three frontmen Tux, Ben and Jesse, all working well in harmonies and uniquely different in solos.”
— EVA FALOON (Music Nation)
“You can tell these musos are a “family band”; they’re homely, tight, fun and collaborate exceptionally well together. Their messages are praised and loved by many and their live presence is uplifting.”
— GABY IVANOV-GIRALDO (Muzik.net)
- Nominated for best roots artist at 2019 Vodafone New Zealand Music Awards for EP 'Stick Together'
- June 2018 won Mai FM's Big Break competition with debut single 'Irie' which reached a high of #7 in the NZ Charts
- May 2019 released debut EP 'Stick Together'
- Received New Zealand on Air funding for three video's 'Wicked Man', 'Badman' and 'Lost Generation'
- May 2020 released debut self-titled album 'LTA'
- Played support for both top international and local acts including: DubFX, House of Shem, Three Houses Down, Cornerstone Roots and Sonz of Zion
- Album has passed 900k streams on Spotify
- Over 3 million streams/views over all musical platforms
- Played Soundsplash 2018 and 2019 (Main stage in 2018)
- December 2019 saw LTA's largest crowd of 7,000+ at Beers in the Basin (Wellington)